Canada still has an exchange rate that makes many foreign currency worth more in Canada including the US$, British Pound and the Euro. This will make for some Special Rate packages in 2021.
At Country Haven we take great pride in being able to offer a choice of vacation packages, from a one night cottage rental to an all-inclusive package from anywhere in the world, with or without airfare.
Our close relationship with a number of travel agents around the world, who are continually working to bring you the best in airfare rates, and with our all-inclusive packages, lets us bring you from your home to "your home away from home" at Country Haven. We feel we can offer you the best prices and packages available while on the Miramichi.
All-Inclusive Packages: include shuttle service from airport, accommodations, meals, guides, activities, all transportation while at Country Haven, fishing license and equipment, if needed. We also offer discounted rates on "Father and Son" or groups over 6 that book three days or more on an all-inclusive package.
Father and Son/Daughter Discount Packages:
Mundy Hackett & his father Harvey Mourde Va
We offer a discount on our Father and Son/Daughter packages because we truly believe that there is no better place in the world to spend quality time and bond a father and son/daughter relationship. The tranquility of the river flowing, fresh air, natural serene surroundings and the chance to hook a mighty Atlantic salmon adds to an experience that will be etched in your memories forever.
For the Dad who would like to see his son or daughter catch their first Atlantic salmon or who would like to get on a fishing trip with their Dad, our experienced guides will provide the novice full instruction on the technique of flyfishing.
"We believe the Miramichi is where dreams begin and memories are made."
Teresa Leblanc, Sally Stoner - California and Lynda Topp from New Zealand
Each year at Country Haven we have seen an increase in the number of ladies enjoying the art of fly-fishing for Atlantic Salmon with our easy wading pools and accommodating guides. Many of our female guests have been enjoying some great success.
Group Discount Packages:
John Bailey and Friends, UK
Spring fishing Group
Country Haven Lobster Supper
Fishing Musicians, USA
International Truckers Group
Taurus Group, Boston MA & Austin TX
At Country Haven we are small enough to care about the needs of each and every individual angler, and BIG enough to handle groups, with the same care and attention. Whether you and a group of friends are seeking a fun-filled fishing adventure, or a business looking for a corporate outing for staff designed to build team relationships, or possibly a fishing trip as a means of entertaining valued clients, we can offer everything you need!
Our friendly, helpful and professional staff will go out of their way to ensure your outing with us is both a successful and unforgettable one.
Our packages are successful because of the wide variety of activities we can provide. Some members of the group may want to go fly-fishing while others may prefer a canoeing trip. Many might enjoy golfing at our local golf courses where we can arrange tee off times and shuttle service.
At Country Haven our packages can be tailor-made to fit any individual or group for any length of stay. We have many packages available but here are examples of two of our most popular packages and what they include.
(1) - OUR ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGES INCLUDE:
- ACCOMMODATIONS IN A 4 STAR LOG LODGE OR PRIVATE COTTAGE
- USE OF OUR 11 PRIVATE FISHING POOLS
- ALL MEALS
- NB # 1 PROFESSIONAL GUIDE SERVICE
- USE OF ALL NECESSARY EQUIPMENT
- ALL TRANSPORTATION WHILE AT COUNTRY HAVEN WITH OR WITHOUT AIRFARE
- NEW BRUNSWICK AIRPORT PICK UP/DROP OFF (IF NEEDED)
The package can be for as many days and nights as you may choose but the most popular are our 3 day/4 night and 6 day/7 night packages.
(2) - SELF CATERING PACKAGES INCLUDE:
- ACCOMMODATION IN A 4 STAR PRIVATE RIVERSIDE COTTAGE
- USE OF OUR 27 PRIVATE FISHING POOLS
- NB # 1 PROFESSIONAL GUIDE SERVICE
- CAN INCLUDE NB AIRPORT PICK UP/DROP OFF AND TRANSPORTATION WHILE AT COUNTRY HAVEN OR AIRFARE AT AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE
Enjoy our full week all-inclusive Outdoor package:
- 7 nights accommodations in a 4 star log lodge or private cottage
- Day 1 fishing for Atlantic Salmon on the Miramichi River
- Day 2 Whale Watching on the Bay of Fundy where you see more whales more often then anywhere else
- Day 3 A day of relaxing and enjoying the culture and nature of the Miramichi River Valley
- Day 4 Deep sea fishing on the Bay of Chaleur
- Day 5 Canoeing trip on the Miramichi River
- Day 6 Tour to Hopewell Rocks to see the highest tides in the world
(These day excursions can be substituted for any of our other day tours)
- All Meals
- All Necessary equipment if needed
- Admission fees
- New Brunswick # 1 certified Professional Guides
- Transportation to/from Airports
(can also include airfare if needed)
Throughout the year we occasionally offer Special Promotion Packages based on availability, value and easy accessibility by air travel from various locations to Country Haven. These all-inclusive no-hassle fishing vacations on the Miramichi River have never been so easy to enjoy! Both of the packages below (New Yorker and UK Special) have been offered since 2008 and since both have been so popular we have decided to continue these two specials again for the 2021 season.
New Yorker - Miramichi Fishing Special 3 days 4 nights Includes:
- Direct flight on United Airlines departing from Newark NJ in evening, arriving Moncton NB - approx 2 hrs.
- Airport Shuttle to/from Country Haven.
- 4 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation in Lodge or Private Cottage on the Miramichi River.
- All Meals, from arrival to departure.
- NB #1 certified Professional Guides.
- All Equipment - if needed - ( Rods, Waders, flies, etc.)
- Individual casting Instruction.
- 3 Full Days of Fly Fishing for Wild Atlantic Salmon in our 27 Private Pools.
- All transportation while At Country Haven.
- Depart on early Morning flight from Moncton to Newark NJ in time for another day at the Office.
* This Package is available daily throughout the 2021 Fishing Season * ( All this as easy as a weekend in the Catskills...) All for $1,950 US$ plus taxes per adult.
UK - Miramichi week of Atlantic Salmon Fishing 7 days 7 nights Includes:
- 6 Hr flight on Canadian Affair direct from London's Heathrow or Gatwick airports, also ftom Glasgow with WestJet - to Halifax Nova Scotia.
- Airport shuttle to/from Country Haven.
- 7 nights of 4 star accommodation in Lodge or Private Cottage on the Miramichi River.
- All Meals from arrival to departure.
- New Brunswick certified Professional #1 Guides.
- All Equipment - if needed -(Rods, Waders,flies, etc.)
- Individual casting Instruction.
- 7 Full Days of fly fishing for Wild Atlantic Salmon in our 27 private pools/beats -Or- Guided Whale, Bear & Moose Sighting Tours.
- All Transportation while at Country Haven.
- Depart evening from Halifax back to Heathrow, Gatwick or Glasgow.
- Lifetime memories included..
Direct non-stop from Heathrow into Halifax starting at appx. £2,850 GBP.
Direct non-stop from Glasgow into Halifax starting at appx. £2,650 GBP.
Direct non-stop from Gatwick into Halifax starting at appx. £2,650 GBP.
Direct non-stop flights from Dublin Ireland into Halifax starting at appx. £2,650 GBP.
Packages also available excluding Airfare for appx. £2,250 GBP.
Spey Fishing on the Miramichi
53 Years or so ago, a technique using long wooden rods and longer lines was born on a river in northern Scotland. Spey Casting was developed to overcome the challenges of fishing a wide deep river. Spey Casting has followed Atlantic salmon anglers across the big pond to some of the great salmon rivers of North America. Although single handed rods are still the most common method of fishing on the Miramichi, the past few seasons have witnessed a significant increase in interest in Spey fishing on the Miramichi, especially on the wider lower stretches of the Main River - an ideal location for both single and Spey Rod fishing.
Classes held in recent years have been so successful we have planned to again dedicate three full weeks in 2021, offered by world class spey Instructors. All Levels will be catered to, so whether you are already experienced and want to improve your techniques or are a complete novice wishing to learn spey casting, we will provide you with instruction to suit your needs, along with some of the best guided Atlantic Salmon fishing in the World.
September 2021 (call for exact dates) A fully Inclusive 7 day Atlantic Salmon Fly Fishing Adventure on the Miramichi River.
This clinic will again be run by Bryan Martin, holder of Both the Salmon and Trout APGAI qualification - the leading UK advanced professional fly casting and fly fishing instructors qualification, plus everything that is included in our all-inclusive week package, with or without airfare (direct flights with Air Canada from London Heathrow and returning to Heathrow). This package can be booked through us at Country Haven or directly through Bryan (www.devonflyfishing.co.uk.
September and October 2021 (call for exact dates) -
East Coast Spey from New Jersey USA will be returning to Country Haven this year, and will be providing free casting lessons along with 5 full days of Atlantic Salmon Fishing.
This is a great opportunity to fish with a spey rod and get brushed up on your spey casting techniques from two of Americas leading Spey Casting instructors, Jody Ploski and Andrew Moy, plus everything included in our all-inclusive package, with or without airfare.
This package can be booked though Country Haven or through East Coast Spey www.tightlinesflyfishing.com (Note: Everyone on this trip last year caught salmon)
2021 Season Women's Special
Lady Anglers on the Miramichi
Country Haven Miramichi will be dedicating the first 2 weeks of our September Fishing Season to Lady Anglers from around the world who would be interested in enjoying all-inclusive packages for Fly Fishing the Wild Atlantic Salmon.
These packages will include fly casting demonstrations in both single and double handed rod fishing, individual casting Instruction, and much more. These packages can be enjoyed by both Ladies and Mixed Couples who are interested in Atlantic Salmon Fly Fishing.
Packages with airfare - allow 24 hours
If we can assist you regarding any of our packages, please call toll-free 1-877-FLYHOOK (1-877-359-4665).
GIFT CERTIFICATES Looking for a gift that is a "little different" for that "special" angler you know?? Birthday? Anniversary? Mother's/Father's Day? Special Occasion? or just to show he/she is appreciated...
Then consider a gift Certificate from Country Haven - 3 different packages to choose from.
#1 - Miramichi fishing and canoeing combo Day adventure package.
#2 - 3 days & 4 nights all-inclusive package
#3 - 5 days & 6 nights all inclusive package
Call Today for more details
Frequently Asked Questions
1. WHEN FISHING FOR ATLANTIC SALMON IS THE MIRAMICHI RIVER A FLY-FISHING-ONLY RIVER?
New Brunswick regulations state that: No persons shall fish for sea run Atlantic salmon in the Province of New Brunswick except by angling with fly.
2. WHEN FLY FISHING, WHAT KIND OF FISH CAN BE CAUGHT IN THE MIRAMICHI RIVER?
Although Atlantic Salmon are the # 1 species anglers fish for, fishermen also use the method of fly fishing for Trout, Shad and now, Striped Bass. The Miramichi River has a respectable quantity of these three species.
3. WHAT IS THE FLY FISHING SEASON?
The fly-fishing season on the Miramichi River runs for six months from the opening on the 15th of April until closing on the 15th of October. This is the longest fishing season for Atlantic salmon in the world. The Striped Bass season runs from May 1st until September 30th.
4. DO NON-RESIDENTS REQUIRE A GUIDE WHILE FISHING FOR ATLANTIC SALMON IN NEW BRUNSWICK?
All non-residents require a licensed guide while fishing for Atlantic salmon and when fishing for any other species in Atlantic salmon water after the designated date.
5. CAN A NOVICE FLY FISHING ANGLER FISH THE MIRAMICHI RIVER WITH ANY LUCK?
Yes, our fly fishing packages are fully guided and for those needing lessons or instruction, a guide will be more than happy to assist you. Although the Atlantic Salmon is a wild fish, and at times throughout the season difficult to catch, we offer our guests all the key ingredients for success - private fishing on a great river with lots of fish! Each year many beginner fishermen land their first Atlantic salmon while fishing with us.
6. WHAT FLIES AND RODS SHOULD YOU BRING?
Once you have arranged a stay with us, we will send you a 'Trip Tip' package with all the information needed for your trip, including what rods, flies and other necessities that you may need, including a list of tackle shops we recommend that can assist you in buying equipment before or while visiting us. We also have a good selection of equipment available for use here at Country Haven including rods, waders and flies.
7. IS THE ACCOMMODATION IN A LICENSED OUTFITTING ESTABLISHMENT THAT HAS BEEN RATED BY AN INSPECTION AGENCY AN ASSURANCE OF QUALITY WHILE ON A FISHING VACATION?
Of all the licensed outfitters in the Province, we have been awarded a 4-star rating, the highest rating possible and shared by only a select few outfitters in New Brunswick. The ratings are made by 'Canada Select', the agency that sets the standards in Canada.
8. IS THE OUTFITTER A MEMBER OF ANY OUTFITTER ASSOCIATION OR ORGANIZATION?
Country Haven for many years has been a member of the New Brunswick Professional Outfitters Guide Association, where members conform to a rigorous set of quality standards in order to ensure satisfaction, comfort and the safety of guests.
9. WILL I BE FISHING IN PUBLIC OR PRIVATE WATER, AS MOST OF THE WORLD'S RIVERS ARE PUBLIC WATER ONLY AND MAY BECOME OVERCROWDED?
The Main Southwest Miramichi is only one of the few remaining rivers in North America where the fishing rights are still owned by private ownership. We have access to 27 private fishing pools throughout the river, making us one of the top outfitters for private water Atlantic salmon fishing in New Brunswick. Although most of our fishing is done in private pools on the Main River, our great location, being within 25 minutes from 5 other salmon tributaries, allows us to fish these public rivers as well when the time of season and conditions allow.
10. IS THE ESTABLISHMENT LOCATED ON A SECTION OF RIVER THAT CAN OFFER THE BEST CHANCE FOR SUCCESS REGARDLESS OF SEASON OR CONDITIONS?
Our establishment is located on the lower stretch of the Main Southwest Miramichi River, considered to be the most productive stretch of river in the system. Being only 5 miles above the tidal influx you can be assured that you will always be fishing over some of the freshest and most active fish on their journey upriver.
11. WILL I BE PROVIDED WITH WELL-TRAINED AND DEPENDABLE GUIDES, AS IT IS REQUIRED FOR NON-RESIDENTS TO HAVE A GUIDE WHILE FISHING ATLANTIC SALMON IN NEW BRUNSWICK?
At Country Haven you can be assured that you will always be guided by NB # 1 Certified Professional Guides with many years of experience and fully trained in First Aid and CPR.
12. WHILE PLANNING A FISHING TRIP, WHAT DO I HAVE TO BRING OR NEED TO GET BEFORE FISHING?
If you are planning on fishing with us, feel free to bring anything of your own including equipment that might make your trip more enjoyable. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have, anytime, but we do have everything available to help make for a hassle-free trip including equipment and fishing license that will be needed right here at Country Haven.
13. DOES YOUR OUTFITTING BUSINESS HAVE ANY RETURNING CLIENTS FROM YEAR TO YEAR?
At Country Haven we have been averaging between an 80 to 85% return rate among our fishing guests from around the world over the past three seasons.
14. IS THE MIRAMICHI AREA ACCESSIBLE BY AIR AND AUTOMOBILE?
At Country Haven we are located approximately 1 1/2 hours from two major airports with flights arriving daily from around the world. We are also only 20 minutes from the Miramichi airport for private and charter flights. Shuttle service from airports is provided by Country Haven and we are also accessible by automobile from anywhere within North America.
15. IF FOR SOME UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES I SHOULD NEED TO CANCEL MY VACATION, WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY?
At Country Haven we require a 30% deposit at time of booking with the balance at the end of your vacation with us. If for some reason, after booking, you may not be able to keep your booking date let us know 60 days prior to arrival and your deposit is totally refundable. After 60 days before arrival your deposit will be placed toward another date in the future, up until 5 years from the time of your initial trip.